TO ALL LIVESTOCK PRODUCERS:
Vermilion Livestock Exchange offers cattle for sale to local, national and international feeders, order buyers and packing plants.
The end users of the animals are reacting to the increased media attention to B.S.E. (mad cow disease), requiring us to provide certification that the animals we sell have met regulatory requirements.
In order to accommodate our buyers we must obtain a letter of compliance from all of the producers selling cattle through our market.
Vermilion Livestock Exchange apologizes for any inconvenience this may cause but believes that anything we can do to ensure confidence in our livestock benefits the entire industry.
Please sign and return a “Feed Compliance Agreement” in person or mail to:
Vermilion Livestock Exchange
P.O. Box 3300
THE FOLLOWING IS A LIST OF SUGGESTIONS TO ENSURE PROPER FEED PROTOCOL
- Prohibited feed must be identified with a proper label and avoid using any of this prohibited feed in cattle rations.
- Any feed suspected of containing prohibited ingredients, should not be accepted. Buy feed products only from companies that comply with CFIA rules and have an acceptable food safety program (Recommended by the Animal Nutrition Association of Canada.)
- If you mix feed for both cattle and non-ruminant animals (such as hogs and poultry) and you use prohibited material in the non-ruminant feed, you must follow good manufacturing practices such as:
- Either use a completely separate mixer for the cattle feed or/
- Carefully clean out your mixer and any other equipment in contact with to be sure no prohibited material contaminates the cattle feed. Even if you do not mix your own feed, but purchase feed for both cattle and non-ruminants, you must take steps to make sure that any prohibited material intended for your non-ruminant animals is not accidentally fed to your cattle.
If you have any questions you can reach our main office at (780) 853-5372
Vermilion Livestock Exchange live Internet auctions through Direct Livestock Marketing Systems (DLMS) once per week.
Please contact the auction market for dates and times.
Financing available through Cattleman’s Financial Corporation for feeder cattle, breds, and cow calf pairs.